- How to change your nickname
- Some useful info
- Exception: free username change
- Another account has the username I want
How to change your nickname
You can change your chosen username that's displayed in the game and on Wargaming.net websites. This is a paid service.
- Log in to your Wargaming ID account.
- Go to Account Management.
- Click the Edit button located at the right side of your nickname.
- Submit a new username.
If another account is using the username you want, you will have to select different username.
- Select a payment method.
- Click Change.
Some useful info
- This service costs 2,500 gold or 2,500 doubloons, and is available once (1 time) every 14 days.
- Username changes can take up to 14 calendar days to take effect.
- After making a change, the old username remains locked for 30 days. No other account can claim it in that time.
- Before you select a new username, consider the Game Rules.
Exception: free username change
- Username contains a typo (applicable to new accounts and after a recent username change).
- Username violates the Game Rules.
Exceptions may be applicable at the discretion of Player Support and on a "case by case" basis.
Another account has the username I want
All usernames are bound and locked to the associated Account holders. At this time, we are unable to assist with releasing usernames from inactive accounts.
Usernames automatically become available after:
- Username change: previous username is locked for 30 days.
- Account deletion: username is locked for a further 30 days after the 45-day account deletion period (45+30 days from the point of the deletion request).