What are Ranked Battles?
- Ranked Battles are seasonal competitions in Tier X vehicles where the matchmaker places players with comparable skill in one battle. Players earn chevrons based on battle results and progress through ranks and Divisions. The best players enter prize leagues.
- Standard Battle rules apply to Ranked Battles. You cannot fight in Encounter Battles, Grand Battles, or Assault.
- You can only play Ranked Battles during Prime Time and on specific servers. Prime Time can last between nine and 14 hours. Please check the Prime Time schedule for each server on the official portal or in the game client. To do this, hover over the mode name in the menu to the right of the BATTLE! button.
- In Ranked Battles, you earn points called chevrons. As you earn chevrons, you progress through Divisions, each of which consists of a certain number of ranks. You can only move upwards from one Division to the next, meaning if you go from the third Division to the second, it's impossible to return to the third. The number of Divisions and ranks in each of them is specified in the rules of the current Ranked Battle Season.
- Within a Division, you can either progress if you play successfully or go backward if you lose a lot of chevrons. To make things slightly easier, there are Permanent and Shielded ranks within Divisions. If you reach Permanent rank, you will not lose progress. A Shielded rank allows you to lose a certain number of battles before losing that rank. The number of Permanent and Shielded ranks is specified in the rules of the current Ranked Battle Season.
- Once you reach the top rank in the top Division of the Season, you will enter one of the prize leagues, depending on your performance. Your performance is calculated as the ratio of the number of chevrons you received to the number of battles you played.
- The XP system in Ranked Battles has its own peculiarities. The amount of XP you earn depends on the two factors. The first, XP earned for destroying vehicles, is based on the number of hit points that the enemy vehicle lost due to your attack. You'll receive the maximum amount of XP for destroying enemy vehicles if the destroyed enemy vehicle has lost all its hit points only because of you. The other, Role XP, is credited after the battle if you not only cause damage and assist in destroying enemy vehicles but also act according to the role of your vehicle in battle. For example, a heavy tank is meant to withstand enemy shells and cause damage in close combat, while a weakly armored ambush tank destroyer needs to inflict maximum damage at long distances.
- You can receive many rewards for participating in Ranked Battles. The precise rewards (as well as the rules for receiving them) differ from Season to Season.
These are the general principles of Ranked Battle mechanics. To learn more about this mode, read the detailed guide to Ranked Battles on the official portal. The information in this guide is always relevant.
How to Play in Ranked Battles
Here's how to participate in Ranked Battles:
- Click the mode selection button to the right of the BATTLE! button.
- Select Ranked Battle.
All information about your progress, Ranked Battles schedule, rules, and Season Leaderboard is displayed on the Ranked Battles screen.