With each new patch release, players may encounter issues with the download and installation of the said patch. This guide will assist you with getting back into World of Tanks if you are encountering these issues.
When a new patch is released, please make sure to remove any third party modifications on your client. This is the largest cause for crashes in World of Tanks on a new patch.
- Sometimes the minimum requirements for the client change with a patch update, please make sure you meet the requirements listed here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/update/
- To remove mods, please clear out your res_mods folder (be sure to back-up whatever mods you feel are needed)
- If your mods are embedded into your scripts and you are not unsure how to uninstall them, please perform a complete reinstallation of the client (explained in Step 2)
A clean installation is sometimes needed to correct files that may be outdated if the game is not installing correctly. To do this:
- Quit the launcher, and uninstall World of Tanks using the add/remove programs feature in your control panel.
- Delete any existing "WoT_internet_install_na.exe" files.
- Navigate to "C:\Games" and delete the folder labeled "World_of_Tanks".
- Open the run command by holding the Windows Key and "R", type "%temp%" (without the quotes), then press enter. Delete the folder labeled "wargaming.net"
If you wish, you can download CCleaner to make sure all registry files are erased:
- Download CCleaner from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner (select the green download button and then select Piriform.com)
- Install and run CCleaner
- In CCleaner program, please click on 'registry'
- Near the bottom of the program, click 'scan for issues' and then click 'fix selected issues'
- While you are still inside CCleaner software, please click on 'cleaner' (upper left-hand of application)
- Next, click 'analyze', and then click 'run cleaner'.
- If you are prompted to save a backup of your registry, click yes
- Quit CCleaner
- Right click the game installer and select "Run as Administrator"
- Complete the installation process
- Right click the game icon and select "Run as Administrator"
Clearing your DNS cache can assist with login issues you may be having. To clear it:
- Press the START button
- Select All Programs
- Select Accessories
- Select Command Prompt. This will open a black DOS box
- Now type in ipconfig /flushdns and press "Enter"
- You should see a prompt that states "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"
- Press the "X" at the top-right to close this program
Disabling SLI or Crossfire GPU setups at the startup menu may assist with issues you're experiencing.
- Sometimes, having multiple GPUs connected can cause issues with displaying World of Tanks properly
- Disabling this can produce better results before downloading the game. You can then re-enable it after the download and installation is complete
Sending a Tech Support Ticket
If all else fails and you are still having trouble, please send a Tech Support Ticket. To do this:
- In your ticket, include a DxDiag, python log, and your WOT Launcher logs
- The Python Log and Launcher logs are in your World of Tanks Folder
- To compile a DxDiag, please follow these steps:
- On your Windows taskbar, click "Start" (the Windows icon usually in the lower left corner of the screen)
- Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up
- In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up. Wait for it to finish gathering your info before saving
- In the new window that should have appeared choose "Save all information"
- After you've saved the file, please attach it to your ticket
- Attach the files to the ticket in question to expedite Tech examination of your issues
World of Tanks Mac Wrapper
- Wargaming offers a Mac Wrapper for Mac-based clients, but we do not officially offer support for it
- For new updates on the Mac Wrapper, we suggest removing your modifications and making sure you have full administrative access
- For a full clean installation, you must remove the Wrapper and all files associated with WoT
- If needed, you can remove the game by accessing the “Library” file system (this requires Admin access)
- Trash the World of Tanks folder in the Library
- Trash the World of Tanks folder in Documents
- Make sure World of Tanks in the Applications is also Trashed
- Reinstall from here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/update/
- Please make sure your Mac meets minimum requirements, and make sure to drop the graphic settings for Mac-based clients initially, since it’s an emulation of the client itself
- Please note, since Wargaming does not officially support the Mac Wrapper via Support, please go to our Forums in order to seek assistance for issues you may be having