Wireshark is a popular network protocol analyzer. You can use it to check your internet connection in case of problems with authorization, or if you get randomly kicked out of battle, or if you experience other technical issues.
To check your connection, follow the instructions below:
- Download Wireshark from the official website and install it.
- Launch Wireshark. In the main window of the program, select the connection for packet capturing and click "Capture."
- In the window that opens, click "Start." The program will start capturing all packets for your selected connection.
- Launch the game client. If you have encountered a problem with authorization, or the game has disconnected from the servers, or if you have been randomly kicked out of battle, then stop the capture. To do that, click on the red button in the top-left corner of the Wireshark window.
- To save the captured data, navigate to the "File" menu and click the "Save" button. The program will also prompt you to save any captured data if you suspend capture and then decide to resume it.
- After clicking the "Save" button, select where you want the data file to be saved and give it a name.
- To resume packet capturing, click the blue button in the top-left corner of the Wireshark window.
When submitting a ticket to Player Support, please include the following information:
- The type of your internet connection.
- Whether you are on a fixed line or mobile internet connection.
- Your internet service provider or mobile network operator.
- Your place of residence (city/town).
- The file with data captured using Wireshark should be attached to your ticket.